Oh my goodness, how I have grown to despise memes. But here’s the thing, when a friend who you really, really love asks you–nay, begs you–to do it, well, I’m a
sucker good friend. And the best part is, now she owes me big time I made her very happy by doing this.
If you choose to go crazy and do this meme also, Ri has a Mr. Linky on her original post that you can use to expose yourself and your eclectic musical tastes to others. So I’m not asking you to do it, but lets just say that you could make Ri really really happy too, if you did. I’m not above begging on behalf of my friends is all I’m saying!
Here’s how to play:
1. Copy and paste the list below into a new post on your blog. (Or, if you HAVE no blog or website to link to…then click HERE to go to the Music Savvy Mom Forum and play along with us there! (You don’t have to be a mom, by the way!)
2. Put your iPod, iTunes, Windows Media Player, etc. on shuffle.
3. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
4. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER HOW SILLY IT SOUNDS. (Well, type it. And remember to replace my answers with yours.)
If you think you’ve seen this before, you’re half right. Ri changed the questions. And actually, some of my songs/answers are quite funny, so it’s worth reading, only if you enjoy smiling.
1. Your child(ren) ask for the same toy 76 times during a single trip to Target. You say:
“Numb” – P!nk
2. First PTA meeting of the year. As you meet other parents, how do you describe yourself?
“Walk this Way” – Run-DMC
3. Most desirable quality in a Nanny/Babysitter?
“Killer in the Home” – Adam Ant
4. You’ve been up all night with your infant. You still have to function today…perhaps even dress and go out! How do you feel about this?
“Dance, Dance” – Fall Out Boy
5. Aside from being an awesome parent…what is your life’s purpose?
“Take Me Out” – Franz Ferdinand
6. Let’s say you had to have a “Family Motto”. What’s yours?
“Change” – John Waite
7. Ahhhh, Wisteria Lane! What do your neighbors REALLY think of you?
“Sick Love Song” – Mötley Crüe
8. How do your parents think you’re doing with this parenting gig…as compared to how THEY did with you?
“Armageddon”(StoneBridge Club Mix) – Jessica Jarrell
9. Kids are finally sleeping; you’re wide awake in the middle of the night. What are you likely thinking about?
“Digital Tsunami” – Drexciya
10. What’s the current condition of the Family Budget?
“The Saint” – Orbital
11. Spill it – what do you REALLY think of your In Laws?
“Freedom! ’90” – George Michael
12. It’s Saturday – kids are at the Grandparents. What kicks off your “Date Night Soundtrack”?
“I Write Sins Not Tragedies” – Panic! At the Disco
13. Summarize your concept of “Good Parenting”…
“Defying Gravity” – Kristin Chenoweth, Idina Menzel (Wicked: OBC)
14. Kids are grown and out of the house…you’re retired. What do you want to be doing?
“Unwind” – P!nk
15. Your husband/wife/significant other walks in cheerfully at the end of the day. You’ve been home with the kid(s) all day and are wiped out. Your first thought when you see them?
“Switch” – Will Smith
16. What will you dance to at your child’s wedding?
“Just Dance” – Lady Gaga
17. Assuming you have extra time…what is your hobby/interest?
“Knock You Down” – Keri Hilson, Kanye West, & Ne-Yo
18. What is your biggest fear?
“Crazy” – Gnarls Barkley
19. Your theory on disciplining children?
“Best of You” – Foo Fighters
20. You finally get a “Girls (or Guys) Night Out!” What do you think of your friends?
“Love Shack” – B-52s
What will you post this as?
“This is Why I’m Hot” – MIMS
©2010 Suburban Scrawl