I am approaching the end of two weeks straight without any day off at home to catch up on anything; today at 4 my life opens up again for a day or two (yippee!); thought I’d clue you in to a few things on my mind.
1. I just watched the Finale of “Project Runway” (I DVRed it last night) early this morning. Although I liked Leeanne alot, I am sooooo disappointed that Korto didn’t win. Nina Garcia hit the nail on the head (at least I think it was Nina who said it) when she said that Korto’s collection was “effortlessly cohesive”. And it was gorgeous. I’m sure that Korto is going to make it big anyway; she’s awesome.
2. Last night I rushed from the health club where I taught my normal Wednesday 5:30 p.m. spin class (Go Wednesday!) which is in another suburb northeast of where I live, all the way to the high school, which is southwest of where I live, to catch the 13-year-old in a multi-middle school + high school band concert. I was highly annoyed that I had traffic, difficulty parking, and other drivers in the lot who wouldn’t stop to let me cross. I ran into the school like a maniac and arrived inside the auditorium as my own kid’s band was literally on the last line of their music. Of course they were the first group to go. Didn’t anyone tell them I’d have all these problems getting there for it? I mean, who’s in charge?
3. I am dreading going to work today. The drama of yesterday still echoes in my head and I say NO MORE DRAMA!
4. I finished my article right on deadline yesterday, and have to begin another this weekend, due November 1. It has to do with menopause products. I am excited for the challenge because it will be different from anything I’ve written for this magazine, but…
5. I am going through some internal torment. My big birthday is coming up and although I thought I’d never have any feelings about it either way, I think I do. I’m not approaching it with the normal feelings, dread, fear, or denial. As usual I have to be different and I discovered that I’m just pissed. How is it possible that I could be turning 40? It seems like just yesterday when I was a kid and looking ahead to the year 2000 in fascination, marveling that I’d turn 32 that year and how cool that would be. I’m ticked off because although 40 is the new 30 (or whatever people are saying), mentally I am firmly nestled in my late 20’s to early 30’s, tops. Should I begin counting backwards this year? I don’t know. I’m ticked.
6. My computer area, once so sparkling clean, is a pig sty again. One more thing to add to my list.
7. I have really been enjoying edamame lately.
8. I wish US Cellular had better phone choices.
9. My neighbors, who did buy the house after the previous owners went through foreclosure, are completely transforming it. The money they are pouring into it is unbelievable. I’m jealous. But the house looks tremendous, so that’s probably good for me and my house in some weird way, right?
10. The tragic helicopter crash that Ann Curry is talking about this morning on the Today Show? Five minutes from my house. Sadness for the victims.
11. The 16-year-old left this morning in his dress pants, shirt, and tie. He has a speech to do today. He looked awesome.
12. The 13-year-old is prepping for another guitar. He’s very excited!
13. I’m making steak for dinner. Yum.
14. We are keeping track of our food (again) and watching portions. I have lost 4 pounds. Yippee!
15. I LOVE the song “American Boy” by Estelle, featuring Kanye West. Love it. It puts me in a really good mood. I think I’ll listen to it on “repeat” all the way to work.
16. If I don’t stop blogging and go get dressed, there is sure to be drama at work when I’m late. So…I’m out!
I understand about the birthday thing–I've got two years on you, but remember, it beats the alternative. 😉
Hope work is easier.
So sorry about the band concert. Hey, at least you get points for trying. I knew I didn't have a chance of hearing Rebekah play last night. All four bands go one after the other and it just ends up way too late for J&J.
The helicopter crash is awful. So, so sad.
Hope your son's speech goes well. Somehow I have the feeling he'll do great.
Congrats on the weight loss. That's awesome. Enjoy dinner, that sounds very yummy to me.
Most of all, just enjoy the breathing room over the next day or two.
I was just gonna drop you an email. You’re one busy bee. Hey 40 is the new 30!!! and don’t let anybody tell you otherwise. Though I know what you mean (I think) I wasn’t bothered turning 30 but 31 was for some reason a whole different story.
Funny we somehow got to be related. I have “American boy” playing on my iPod at the moment.
Congrats on the weight loss. I need to jump on that wagon too.
Glad to hear you’re ok. Don’t stress yourself out too much.
Lots of random randomness…it’s cool to be 40…at least that’s what I’m telling myself..;)
I think Korto’s line was good too-the colors were amazing. I didn’t like her as much as I like Leanne though throughout the season. I’m not sure why. I do think she deserved to be #2. I also think she’s going to make it big.
As for 40 and feeling like you’re in your 20’s I say “Who cares how old you are?!?!” I still feel like a college kid too-don’t start counting backwards, just be yourself. You’re a cool, fun and energetic person who looks great and feels great. 40’s a number. You’re a star. 🙂
You ARE busy! I don’t know how you found time to post this!
Ok, I hate to admit this, being a Harley rider and all, but I watch Project Runway. It’s the artist in me that find it interesting. I AGREE! with you. Korto should have one. I think the black gentle man should have been in the final showing, and dumped the dark headed, whinning, craying chick – straight up! Leeanne will be the least remembered winner of the series – I predict.
Now, erase this comment before any of my riding buddies sees it!!!
Like I said last night – you don’t look – or act – or think like a 40 year old! 😀 So you’re only 40 in regards to your chronological age, and not your attitude!! I bet if you did the quiz at Real Age, you’d easily be a 22!!! 😀
My husband turns 40 on October 18.
And by the way, 40 is the new 30, I totally believe that. (Or have convinced myself.) And you look fabulous!
4lbs? Congrats! WOO HOO!
I think I’m afraid to ask about drama at work. Congrats on the four pounds!
And yeah… I saw that helicopter crash. As soon as I heard it was going to Children’s, oh how horrible. I can’t imagine being that little girl’s parents. And you *know* the pilot put it in a field on purpose.
Thanks for all the nice comments, everybody! I just need to get a better attitude. I’m working on it…
that was like one of my old school random thought posts. LOL
oh, and 40 is the new 20.
Seriously, though, you are like a fine wine… you get better with age!!! Embrace it!