I have been blessed to receive three lovely blog awards from three lovely ladies, and I thought I’d pass them on over Memorial Day weekend: what the heck?
First, from Surprised Mom, I received the Queen of All Things Award:
1. I was on the yearbook staff in high school.
2. I took shorthand in high school, because my mom thought it would be a good skill to have. Now, not only do I think they have gotten rid of the need for shorthand by coming out with voice recorders, but all I can remember how to write in shorthand is the word “shorthand”. I think.
3. I am an excellent cross-stitcher, though my eyes can’t stand when I do it anymore.
4. I once wrote a ridiculous letter to the editor of People magazine, in mourning over a celebrity that died. I was a teenager, I got a rejection postcard, and was ticked off that they didn’t publish my letter. Note to self: put a post in draft about this story.
5. Jim and I stopped eating pork (for religious reasons) many years ago. I miss real bacon and pepperoni sometimes, but not often.
6. I love the smell of lilac. No really, I LOVE it.
7. I don’t drink coffee. Ever.
The next award I received was from Myrna at Tangerine Times. (By the way, she’s another mom of teens and has some excellent, thought-provoking stuff regarding teens and their issues over there! Check her out!) It’s the Splash Award.
Apparently the Splash Award is given to alluring, amusing, bewitching, impressive, and inspiring blogs. When you receive it you must:
-put the logo on your blog/post
-nominate up to 9 blogs that allure, amuse, bewitch, impress, or inspire you
-be sure to link to your nominees in your post
-let them know they have been Splashed by commenting on their blog
-remember to link to the person from whom you received your Splash Award
Lastly, I received an award and a whole morning of laughter on Twitter from Liz. I can’t even tell you about it here, but suffice it to say I got a couple of new followers on Twitter, like @Twittterporn. Liz bestowed the
“Choke the Chicken” Zombie Chicken award onto me.
“The blogger who receives this award believes in the Tao of the zombie chicken – excellence, grace and persistence in all situations, even in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. These amazing bloggers regularly produce content so remarkable that their readers would brave a raving pack of zombie chickens just to be able to read their inspiring words. As a recipient of this world-renowned award, you now have the task of passing it on to at least 5 other worthy bloggers. Do not risk the wrath of the zombie chickens by choosing unwisely or not choosing at all…”
Shew! It’s exhausting giving out awards! Do me a favor: check out some of these fine bloggers. They are only A FEW of the folks that keep my bloggie world spinning. And they’d love for you to visit them: tell them Melisa sent ya!