To commemorate today’s Thanksgiving holiday, I wanted to do a short post about some of the little things I’m thankful for. I mean, of course I am terribly thankful for my family and friends, and for having good health, a roof over my head, food to eat, and clothing to wear. VERY thankful for all of that. And not that being thankful for all of that is “boring”, but I wanted to use my fine motor skills (figuratively) to reach a little further today. Here are a few other things–much less important in the grand scheme but important just the same–that I am thankful for:
1. My washing machine, because it has a time delay feature.
2. Milk Duds.
3. The way my dog twirls like a ballerina when someone brings her cup of food in from the garage at her mealtime.
4. Slipper socks.
5. Tim Gunn.
6. High school memories.
7. How Jim and I kiss each other hello 99% of the time upon first seeing each other after a separation of any length*.
8. How my kids occasionally remember, when taking a shower, that there are others in the house who may need some hot water.
9. Scotch tape.
10. A nice pen.
11. Glitter powder.
12. Cruise control.
13. Fage Greek yogurt with cranberries and walnuts.
14. Missy Elliott.
15. The flannel quilt made for me by my mother-in-law.
16. My Mac.
18. The color red.
19. Clean sheets.
Happy Thanksgiving to all! xoxo
*I’m not talking about when we’re both home and I go get something in the kitchen and then return to him in the family room; I mean multi-building separations. Though kissing after every single separation of any length would be fun (and funny), my lips might fall off. Whatever. Geez, do I have to explain everything?
and I am Thankful for you.
Love your list. I would love to have a decent washing machine to e thankful for. Maybe next year. 🙂
You're right. It's the little things that make life full of goodness! Happy Thanksgiving!
What a great list! (I am looking forward to being thankful for a decent stove next Thanksgiving. :D)
You are so righ on! Happy Thanksgiving
I mean RIGHT on. I am at work and the computer I have is less than helpful with the plastic coating on the keyboard. Happy Thanksgiving!!
k a t i e
LOVE that pic.
I love that pic; it's a real treasure. Enjoyed this post; it's good to remember the little things, too. We're so blessed…
I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, my friend.
Love you xox
Great list! I hope to be thankful for my own Mac one day. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
#14!! You're so dope <3