In another installment of “Wow, how crazy is December???” I just realized that I have a six-month Netflix subscription to give away to a reader! Woo hoo! More on how to enter after I give you a list of ten of my favorite things about Netflix! In no particular order, here we go:
1. The ability for each family member to have their own Netflix profile means that I don’t have to scroll through Jim’s history and science shows (and sci-fi and action flicks) to find my beloved 80’s favorites and RomComs. (No offense, Jim! Also, you’re cute. I love you.)
2. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Grace & Frankie, and Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp—three of my favorite binge-worthy Netflix-exclusive shows in 2015! (The first two have a second season coming up next year!)
3. You and I can connect to Netflix with lots of different devices. We don’t have to be “stuck” on the living room couch to watch all the time; Netflix can go with us! (Not that there’s anything wrong with watching from the living room couch. I rather enjoy it.)
4. Fixer Upper: I’m newly obsessed with Chip and Joanna Gaines and the magic they’re performing on homes in the Waco, Texas area. Watch one episode and you’ll be hooked, too!
5. Netflix gift cards are now available in retail stores all over the United States, making them an easy gift to pick up for Christmas, birthdays, or any day!
6. The Great British Baking Show is another new obsession of mine. Mary Berry and Company judging contestants’ baked creations equals magic.
7. Decades of fun: The Wonder Years, That 70’s Show, Freaks and Geeks, and Friends cover forty years of awesome. I could watch them over and over again.
8. Netflix keeps track of my viewing history. All I have to do to see it is check My Account. There I can also easily rate the titles I’ve experienced, to help Netflix make better viewing suggestions for me.
9. Stand up comedy specials from Tig Notaro, Aziz Ansari, Iliza Schlesinger, Nick Offerman, Russell Brand, Kevin Hart, Louis CK, Jim Gaffigan, and so many more have kept us in stitches.
10. Ferris Bueller’s Day Off: Simply put, I could watch this John Hughes masterpiece daily for the rest of my life without getting tired of it.
Now that you know ten of MY favorite things about Netflix, I’d love to know ONE of your favorite things about Netflix! Leave it in a comment and you’ll be entered to win a gift card for six free months of Netflix! (If you don’t have Netflix yet, no problem! Leave me a comment with your favorite movie or tv show!) Only one comment per person, please, and this is a quickie: you have until 6pm Central on Thursday, December 17 to enter! I’ll pick the winner randomly and will contact him or her by email on Thursday evening! Good luck, and happy watching!
EDITED TO ADD: Congratulations, Alison Groen! You won the gift card! Wahoo! (Check your inbox!)
Right now? Sons of Anarchy. I am too distracted by that to notice anything else 🙂
(Just kidding. I also like the individual profiles. We all seem to have VERY different viewing tastes in my house.)
At the moment, I love being able to share TV shows that I watched when I was younger with my kids. We’ve watched Beakman’s World and Bill Nye, and I’ve introduced them to Powerpuff Girls and Dexter’s Laboratory, too. It’s awesome to share older favorites with them!
I love how the app plays on my tablet and phone, and, and I love the original programs OITNB and Kimmy, and I LOVE how the next episode in series queues up ready to go. I feel like Netflix understands me.
A new season of Gilmore girls!! That tops my list, but it’s long, trust me.:)
I love that I can watch my favorite episodes of The Office still!
We don’t have Netflix, we had it years ago when it was only the dvd service….buy our fave show at the moment is iZombie. Susie and I both love it more than The Walking Dead.
Sooo many favorite things but lately I think my most favorite thing is it’s recommendations based on what ivewatched. Found some good stuff I wouldn’t have even looked for because of it
We don’t have Netflix. My favorite show right now is The Big Bang Theory.
Peaky Blinders, oh yes! It is like Downton Abbey meets the Sopranos. (More the latter than the former.) So good!
We have access Brad’s Netflix account but he is quitting it. I want to watch Grace and Frankie, but haven’t started it yet.
My favorite thing about Netflix is that whenever I’m ready to watch, my favorite shows are there waiting for me – and it picks up right where I left off!
I don’t have Netflix, so therefore, we have to wait until Orange is the New Black *finally* comes out on DVDs! Would love to stream real-time!
We got Netflix again for Daredevil and Jessica Jones (LOVE), but what’s really snared me has been their anime collection. So many things I wanted to see if I liked before shelling out $75+ for a box set!
I just joined Netflix a month ago after years of no form of TV. I love that I can now watch the shows my kids have been talking about for years and actually know what the plot line is!
Netflix is the only thing my kids watch! I would love to win!