1. When I was in 4th grade, I had my first crush on a boy, Jay. Jay actually lived in the same cul-de-sac as my very good friend Suzanne. One day, I was talking on the phone with Suzanne and she was asking me all of these questions about Jay (she knew I liked him, alot) and got me to say something ridiculous about how I was in love with him, and then she said, “Guess who’s on the other phone?” It was crushing to a 10 year old. Although I let go of that grudge within days (it was 4th grade, for goodness sakes!), I can still remember the devastated feeling that my stomach had when Jay started talking on the line.
2. I used to collect Charlie’s Angels trading cards. Yes, I did trade them! It was a great hobby.
3. Shortly after I turned 16 and got my driver’s license, I had to go pick up my sister from soccer. I sped down the main road on the way to the fields, and hit the brakes when I saw an officer with a radar gun on the side of the road. He didn’t follow me and I breathed a sigh of relief, but after I picked her up, I forgot he was there and sped back by him. He got me that time.
4. I was a complete Goody Two Shoes in high school. The worst things I did in the whole four years were: trying Drambuie at a sleepover (WHY would we choose that one? ICK…we spit it out!) and making it a habit to cut out of school during Yearbook to go get fast food. That’s all, folks…my parents didn’t have anything to worry about with me! (I can’t speak for my sister, though!)
5. I corresponded back and forth with John Crawford (bass player for Berlin) for several months in 1984. I knew that our age difference was too great for me to ever have a chance, but I sure did like being his pen pal! He was a really nice guy.
6. I am a nail biter, and so it is fabulous that I work part-time at a nail salon so that I can have acrylic nails. (Hooray for job benefits!)
7. I only burp once a year. Seriously.
That’s about it! I hope that was as fun for you as it was for me!
This time, I’m not going to tag anyone specifically. If you want to do this meme, take it away! Just let me know in the Comments so I can read yours!