I finally switched out the clothes in my bedroom closet today, trading tank tops and Capri pants for sweatshirts and jeans. I am SO HAPPY.
Don’t get me wrong; I really like summer, especially now that we have access to a pool just up the street. As much as I enjoy driving with the sunroof open though, I get a little giddy when autumn kicks in.
Just a few things I love about fall:
- Changing trees and fallling leaves
- Running our fireplace
- Hot cocoa with whipped cream
- The aforementioned sweatshirts and jeans
- Curling up on the couch with a blanket
- The seat warmers in my car
- Chicken matzah ball soup
- I do more baking than any other time of year
- Anticipation of the new movies coming out at Thanksgiving and Christmas
I know many of you (including my husband) are totally bummed about summer being over, but let me just have a few months of the items on that list and then I will rejoice with you about the return of warmer temperatures. Promise.