Well, technically it’s for your enjoyment AND my being able to fulfill my commitment to NaBloPoMoFo in a hurry today, since I have very little time.
Ready? Here we go.
1. I am driving a Chevy Suburban for the next week (and will be reviewing it, of course). It is HUGE. I have to admit, I feel like a tough girl when I’m behind the wheel. Weird, I know.
2. I get to meet my buddy John Cave Osborne for coffee tomorrow. He hates when I call him a mentor (even though he is), but I’m pretty sure he doesn’t mind when I call him a friend (because he is). Whether we have an in-person pow-wow or a phone chat, I feel inspired and motivated afterwards, and often at peace because he has helped me make sense out of something that may have been a little abstract.
3. D is home from school for the week. I came home from Zumba yesterday and found an empty house: he had taken Roxie for a 40-minute walk and, when he got home, asked me what else he could do to help. JIM AND I RAISED THIS GUY. So blessed.
4. Over the summer, my friend Jenn bought me a dollar bill with a portrait of William and Kate where George Washington normally is. I keep it in its protective plastic envelope in my wallet and smile whenever I see it.
5. To be clear, my smile is 85% because Jenn bought it for me and 15% because of my obsession with the British royals.
6. Okay, the split might be 75/25. Or maybe 50/50. Don’t tell Jenn.
7. Did you know I have a blog on Tumblr, too? It’s called “Suburb Scraw”, and its tagline is “Keeping it Short”. I love it because I can put any random pop culture stuff or super-short stories on there, things that I wouldn’t necessarily put here. For example, yesterday I put up a really cool video of two Chicago news anchors doing something really cute during the commercial break, and the day before I put up a video of a little girl whose attitude reminds me of my own. Click here to check it out, and if you have a Tumblr that I don’t already follow, leave the link in comments!
8. I have been trying to teach Roxie how to sing. It’s not going well.
Want to make this a long-term commitment? You can get excellently-written random posts like this ALL THE TIME. Please subscribe to my feed by clicking here.
I like your tumblr blog. I think that format is nice and breezy. It looks like something fun for me to follow.
Thank you! 🙂
NaNoMoBloPo what? Share the acronym please… or are you making it up?
So what do you think of the Suburban? Sorry I didn’t get to leave you a treat. People ate ALL my blueberry cherry crisps. I was trying to save one for you. Enjoy that rolling hot spot!
Seriously? You must live under a rock. 🙂
National Blog Posting Month! I’ve been posting every day this month: you obviously haven’t noticed. haha!
I totally knew which little girl you were referring to–LOVE her (and you 🙂
Mr.4444 is due for a new Suburban. However, I’ve gotten so used to not having that huge car payment! 🙁 Maybe I can talk him into a car this time.
hahaha on the dog singing. Time for a vdeo clip, maybe?
The Suburban has been AMAZING.
A video would mostly involve me making a fool of myself, so…NO. 😉